Monday, August 3, 2009

BEF!

No, that doesn’t stand for best friends. It stands for BABY EMERGENCY FUND! And it is COMPLETE! This is the first time in our married lives (well, probably our entire lives) that DH and I have had savings of ANY kind. We’re pretty excited. It feels really nice to know that we have a cushion between us and life. When it rains (because it WILL) we have a little umbrella between us and the credit cards.

Speaking of credit cards, DH and I don’t entirely agree on whether or not we should close all of our credit cards after we get out of debt. I am a definite believe in never having a credit card ever again. DH thinks it’s good to have one, just in case. I can’t imagine in what “case” we would need one – although he did bring up some valid points about being out of the country and not being able to use a debit card for things. But I’m pretty sure we can still use our debit card for anything. Anyway, that’s not a bridge we have to cross now, so I guess we’ll just wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I'm of the opinion that there's no reason you have to close the accounts at all, but you can still cut up the credit cards so you can't use them.

    I know Mr. R doesn't care for credit cards, but closing an account you already have will hurt your credit score. Which is now something that even landlords and future employers will check.

    ReplyDelete