Friday, September 11, 2009

The Dentist Still Takes Cash

I had my wisdom teeth surgery about two weeks ago and I paid cash. I mean cold hard cash. In 20s. I probably could have either paid with 50s or 100 dollar bills, but I just wanted to be dramatic. So there I sat, counting out 20s. The office lady asked if I had exact change. I almost did. My bill came to $488.30 and I had $490.30 So she had to go across the street to get change for my ten.

It was pretty fabulous. I wonder when the last time was they had someone pay in cold hard cash.

There's just something satisfying about laying out those bills - maybe it was mostly the fact that it was budgeted, and this wisdom teeth wasn't going to come back in a credit card bill at the end of the month, and I didn't have to "finance" with the dr's office.

The borrower is servent to the lender, and I am not going to enslave myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment